Women who Love too Much
WHEN BEING IN LOVE, MEANS BEING GIVING YOURSELF AWAY…
I am dedicated to helping women stop the cycle of codependency, and learn how to detach from overfunctioning for others, and re-focus on loving themselves. During this journey you will learn to honor, value and love yourself, by creating healthy boundaries and developing self- assertive skills. In our work together you will learn to recognize the warning signs of people pleasing, and co-dependency.
Signs of Codependency and People Pleasing
- Being a people pleaser and lacking assertiveness, which may involve being unable to say “no” to people or going out of your way to accommodate others
- Being indirect or untruthful about your feelings, which may be because you’re afraid to upset someone else by expressing your true thoughts or feelings
- Avoiding your feelings or denying your feelings, which may be illustrated by a problem with intimacy, a reluctance to get close to someone, or an inability to trust another
- Having low self-esteem, which translates to feeling that you are not good enough or are somehow unlovable or inadequate and can lead to being controlling or a perfectionist
- Over-controlling, which may manifest as having rigid and limiting patterns in your own behaviors, such as perfectionism or hyper-cleanliness, or trying to control the behavior or actions of those around you
If you have feel that codependent tendencies might be effecting your life, individual or group counseling can help you identify and explore your feelings and needs, and learn to communicate them effectively. Counseling can help you recognize how these tendencies can interfere with healthy relationship development, and how to break-the-cycle of codependency for good. You a worthy person who deserves healthy love, and intimacy!